Looking For The Best Online Broker?
Optionshouse could be the best online broker your neighbor has never heard of. Until recently their advertising was low key and probably only heard of them when they received an award from Barron’s.
I personally have been using Optionshouse for over a year and do not actually remember how I heard of them.
What I was looking for was a good online broker with low commissions, no fees, and an easy to use online trading platform. Oh, and great customer service doesn’t hurt either!
During the time I have been an Optionshouse customer I have seen many improvements that tell me that they are always working to improve the customer experience.
Unlike other online brokers who keep the same hard to use interface for years, Optionshouse knows it’s you that count, not them.
Benefits Of Opening An Optionshouse Account
You might notice that I have a list of features of Optionshouse detailed below.
After thinking about it, though, I decided that you probably don’t want an Optionshouse review that lists company bragging rights.
If you are like me, what you really want to know is if opening an account at Optionshouse will save you money and make your life easier; am I right?
When you go to Home Depot and buy a new drill, chances are you don’t really want a cool drill. What you want is the easiest way to get the holes you need as quickly, accurately and as effortlessly as possible.
The benefit I received (and continue to receive) from my decision to open an account at Optionshouse is that I was able to move to an online broker with lower costs and an easier trading platform without a lot of hassle required to open the account.
When I open a brokerage account it is typically in the name of a trust or a company, so I am used to getting a lot of roadblocks and hoops to jump through.
With Optionshouse I did not encounter that. Getting the account open, setup, funded with the trading platform open and ready to trade on my computer was a snap. No fancy pants software; no firewall ports to open up.
Simple, easy, secure, painless – money-saving.
If that’s all you needed to know then why not open an account now by checking out the current PROMOS below?
Otherwise, keep reading for that detailed list of features…
I have already mentioned what attracted me to Optionshouse and I will say that I have not been disappointed. For summary sake, though, let’s list some features that Optionshouse has going for them:
- On top of the list is solid backing. After MF Global, more people are aware of what CAN happen if you put your money with the wrong company. Optionshouse is one of the largest options trading firms in the United States. Your assets are covered by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) just like with the full service, high priced broker you are probably familiar with.
- Optionshouse is NOT JUST FOR OPTIONS! While you are probably excited by the low fees charged for options trading at Optionshouse, know that you can just as easily – and cheaply – trade equities too.
- Low Commissions and Fees. Open an account at Optionshouse and you will likely get a slew of free trades as a signup bonus. After that, commissions are very low. With options you even have a choice of fee structure that is tailored to whether you trade often or occasionally. Both are low priced, simply choose which matches your trading pattern to save the most money.
- Signup BONUSES. Ok, I alluded to that in the point above. Optionshouse has lots of promotions that you can take advantage of when opening an account. From reimbursing wire transfer fees to free Dell monitors, a bundle of free trades and even cash to pay off that other broker who is charging you to close your account and move it to Optionshouse.
- Virtual trading. This is a real nice feature that you can use to get used to things before you put all your money there if you like. Find out the ins and outs of either their online trading platform or even options and equities trading itself if you are new to that without risking your hard earned money.
- Easy to use trading platform. This shouldn’t be so far down on the list of features of Optionshouse, but let’s face it – people have a tendency to look at the surface first. Any non-full-time, professional trader who has used something as complicated as Interactive Brokers will love the ease of use of the Optionshouse trading platform.
- Paperless communications. I have moved all of my financial accounts to paperless delivery. I think it’s now more secure and I don’t ever want to spend hours sitting over a shredder again. Optionshouse does paperless well.
- Best Mobile Trading Platform. Apple and Android apps available, rated #1 mobile trading by Barron’s.
- Extensive high quality trading tools. Too numerous to mention here.
Whether you want to trade options, stocks or both, Optionshouse is the best online broker I can currently recommend to keep costs low and simplicity high.
I use them myself and have been quite happy.
While I do not currently use the mobile trading platform I may soon start. Really looks good to me.
And the tools they offer just keep getting better and better; a lot more than you might expect from an online broker with commissions this low.
As I mentioned above, Optionshouse has been running some really aggressive promotions. Below is a list of current Optionshouse promotions and we will try to do our best to keep up to date on it.
If you do open an Optionshouse account from one of the links on this page, please contact us so we can tell you a little secret that might score you an additional bonus.
Get a Free Kindle Fire from OptionsHouse.
Get a Free Dell Monitor When You Open an Fund an Account at OptionsHouse.
Get 100 Commission-Free Trades at OptionsHouse.com!
Get up to $600 with a new OptionsHouse IRA
Get Free Morningstar Investing Newsletters When You Open and Fund a New Account at OptionsHouse
Open an Account at OptionsHouse and Get a Free Subscription to Financial Times.